May 27, 2011

The explanation

I’m sorry I can’t love you
Though it is what you want
And maybe what you deserve
I’m sorry I gave it all to someone
And all I can tell you is
‘Trust me I was once capable of love’
Though you look at me
Tear stained
Trying hard to understand why
I can’t love someone as beautiful as you
I’m sorry
I truly am
For I know if I could give love
Maybe I can have some love in return
But I can’t even feel
Leave alone love
For the past runs in my veins
Threatening to ooze out, bloody
I want to love you
I really do
But I can’t
I just can’t

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! :O It's Angelie from Writing.com, you told me to look up your work & I really love this poem. "I’m sorry I can’t love you
    Though it is what you want
    And maybe what you deserve
    I’m sorry I gave it all to someone" So beautiful really!

    ReplyDelete