May 21, 2011

Battleground

Ah
Finally the curtains are here
Dark dusty coffee shade
To blot out the searing summer sun
To blend with the moss green
Abstract walls
In a room 
Where our bed stands
A centre piece
A stage 
For the battles we fight
You always win
And I the meek
Retreat into the dusk and the dawn
Where shadows hide the bruises
Till the silence heals the battle scars
And I come out with renewed vengeance
To fight again
Fr what I think is mine
A trophy I thought I deserved
in an epic I had pre written
to fight till death
for losing is beyond comprehension
but you always win
and stand proud
amidst the carnage
of a heart that only knew to love you
but now I grow tired
with every wave of fight
from one confusing day
to long drawn out sleepless night
and amidst the glint of swords
in a moment of surreal silence
I see that this might all be in vain
That you can’t fight a war for peace
I can’t claim a prize without my name 
And maybe it’s time to let go
To realize
In a moment of desolation
That love
Is not for everyone

3 comments:

  1. It depend on the love it seem no one win no one lose mentally abuse it seem you both lose your fuse is this marriage a competition about who makes the decision you but should compromise true to have fun when you fight I can go on but I could be wrong your marriage could be strong parental guidance some time it better to be silent show him you writing wish you all the best with your decision

    (http://www.fanstory.com/myfeedback.jsp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title certainly fits the message in your poem. I can feel the hurt and pain in your words as you try to deal with someone who seems to have the mastery over you, both emotionally and physically. I hope you can and will get out of that situation soon.

    It certainly isn't true that 'love is not for everyone' but some love is not for anyone, i.e., there are people who don't know what love is. Find someone who knows what love is, and who knows how to treat you, and you will soon realize that there is nothing like having the right kind of love in your life. I wish you all the best.

    To fight again
    Fr (For?) what I think is mine

    (http://www.fanstory.com/myfeedback.jsp)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the latter part of the poem more than the first . I grasped the meaning of love lost more explict. The first had me a little confused till all was read. You were reliving the battles that had taken place there. Everything you wrote can be related to one's life and that's what makes a good writer I think.
    Comment Written 23-May-2011 by jparsons

    (http://www.fanstory.com/myfeedback.jsp)

    ReplyDelete