May 21, 2011

12 lines of IF

If words were enough, this would all be sorted
If tears were enough, this desert would be green
If love was what it took, these walls would be broken
If I were the one, things might have been, what they could’ve been
If forgiveness were enough, we’d be past this twilight
If caring were enough, these wounds would’ve all but healed
If songs were enough, youd be calm to sleep
If I were the one, you’d be sleeping, here with me
If dreams were enough, then reality wouldn’t make me bleed
If thoughts were enough, I’d be willing you to me
If companionship were enough, we could’ve just let it be
If I were enough, you’d be right here next to me

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem. I never did a comment, though this is the 4th time it crosses my path on AP. I guess this time I better say something (: Well, I like the flow.. The words just fload so easy and you've managed to put soul into every line.. I feel your every say. You did a great job with this piece. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work

    (Autumns-monologue From all poetry.com)

    ReplyDelete